Welcome to Year 6 where we show we are signs of God’s love in all that we do.
We aim to provide a happy learning environment where all children are encouraged, engaged and challenged in their learning, enabling them to reach their full potential.
Our aim is to give each child the stability and enrichment they need to become well-rounded individuals, who are well prepared for the challenges ahead of them.
Year 6 is a very special year for the children as they prepare to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. A very important part of this preparation is a residential trip to Alton Castle, in Staffordshire, which combines adventurous activities along with a spiritual retreat.
Our classroom is a stimulating environment, which motivates children to work hard and achieve highly whilst having fun. We strive to provide the children with a broad, balanced and creative curriculum catering to the needs of all children.
Find out more about our learning in our Curriculum Overviews (the latest overviews are at the top):
- Overview: Summer 2 - Does the economy always serve society?
- Overview: Summer 1 - Were early civilizations life changing or life threatening?
- Overview: Spring 2 - Do my individual actions have a global impact?
- Overview: Spring 1 - Are all roles equal?
- Overview: Autumn 2 - Is war ever just?
- Overview: Autumn 1 - Are natural resources a curse or a blessing?
Planting seeds that we have extracted from fruit and observing their growth.
During our Harvest celebrations, we created our own vegetable chilli to share with our families.
Working in teams to create dance routines related to the changes in global warming.
Printing Mary themed images as part of our celebrations for Our Lady's birthday.