The Governing Body's aim is to work closely with the Headteacher, the Deputy, and the staff, in order to help the children at the school achieve their full potential, in a happy, caring environment.
The key elements in achieving this aim are:
- Monitoring the performance and progress of all the children at the school.
- Supporting the staff to ensure each child reaches their full potential.
- In discussion with the Headteacher, ensuring that the resources of the school are best utilised.
- Forward planning with the Headteacher to ensure that the overall performance of staff and children, and therefore the school, continues to improve.
To enable the Governors to achieve these objectives, the Body is made up of key groups within the school including Foundation Governors, appointed by the Archdiocese of Birmingham. Other Governors include elected parents, staff and a representative from the Local Authority. All serve for a term of four years.
The Body generally meets once a term; a number of sub-committees focus on finance, staffing, buildings, health and safety and the curriculum. Individual members of the Body focus on particular subjects, ie. RE, Maths, English, etc.
We welcome views from our parents and supporters, and hopefully this summary will give you a brief insight into the role of the Governing Body.
Mr P Gough
Chair of Governors
Members of our Governing Body
|Name||Type of Governor|
|Mr P Gough||Chair of Governors, Foundation Governor|
|Mrs J A Tallon||Vice Chair of Governors, Foundation Governor|
|Ms L Alabaraonye||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs C Atkinson-Rose||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs G Gwilt||Foundation Governor|
|Ms K Pusztuk||Foundation Governor|
|Mrs C Wilde||Foundation Governor|
|Cllr L Rattigan||LA Governor|
|Mrs V Hill||Parent Governor|
|Mrs C Taylor||Parent Governor|
|Miss D Richards||Headteacher|
|Mr A Turner||Staff Governor|
|Mrs A Wright||Associate Member|
|Walsall Clerking Service||Clerk to the Governors|
- Governing Body Membership and Interests - 2022/23
- Governing Body Committees - 2020/21
- Meeting Attendance - 2021/22