Welcome to Year 5... We are signs of God's love.
Our aim is to provide a safe and stimulating learning environment that ensures children are happy and excited to learn. We provide children with learning opportunities to expand their horizons and prepare them for the challenges of Year 6.
Our engaging and exciting classrooms motivate children to work hard and achieve their best. The Creative Curriculum includes topics to simulate awe and wonder while expanding the children’s knowledge of the world they live in.
We hope that children are happy and encouraged in their learning in order to reach their full potential.
Find out more about our learning in our Curriculum Overviews (the latest overviews are at the top):
- Overview: Summer 2 - How can Christians live well within the limits of nature?
- Overview: Summer 1 - Is influence a necessity for leadership?
- Overview: Spring 2 - How do communities adapt to circumstances?
- Overview: Spring 1 - Are roles within our community equally distributed?
- Overview: Autumn 2 - Does social/economic balance affect the condition of the world?
- Overview: Autumn 1 - Are we caretakers or owners?
Discovering how we can make positive changes to God's planet through an interactive workshop.
An outstanding example of RE and AT2 questioning which caused a discussion that reached the Diocese.
Prayer services led by pupils are a common thing in Year 5.
Using drama to argue about the deeds of Robin Hood.